Disclaimer

I thought it was important for me to tell everyone who views this blog that I am only posting this blog to brag about my son, wife and dog. I don't want any comments about how one sided I am. Furthermore, I will not be following anyone, so you don't have to follow me. This blog is basically for my mom. Thank you. Oh yah, 90 percent of what I say on this blog is probably not true. Use your common sense. Do you really think my kid can walk at one day old?

Monday, January 18, 2010

Time with my dad

The Christmas travel gave me a chance to spend time with my family, mostly my parents. I always spend time with my mom, doing nothing much other than hanging out and talking, which I enjoy, but I don't always spend time with my dad.
This trip was different. I wanted to be around my dad more. Maybe it is because I have a son now or just because I simply felt that way. My dad and I have a different relationship than my siblings do and I like that. My brothers can stop and see him any time they want, which usually involves helping him with something at the shop, and I get a little jealous about that. Being out of town and getting limited times to spend with my parents allows me to cherish them more.
Anyway, lucky for me dad had some junk to load from some old farm/ranch that he and troy were cleaning up. It was something that didn't involve mechanics so I was able to help. So I spent a day with Two Guys and Another Dog Salvage (since Pokey's passing, and since Poncho had already passed, the torch went to Bodega). The second guy is Troy Quay, a long time friend of my dads. We spent the day using tractors and skid steer and trucks and trailors doing men things. We loaded an old truck and combine I believe, among a lot of rolled wire and junk axels.
I actually got to run the tractor loader for the last bucket load and that was fun. I haven't ran the old tractors for a long time and I actually forgot which lever moved the bucket. I felt stupid, but I thought it was funny. So we didn't do much, but it was time with my dad.
I even enjoyed the simple errands of going to the grocery store and the fire hall and the storage unit.
You can't beat the time you spend with your parents. I wonder how many people stop and thing about that. They probably don't until it is too late.
Thanks Dad, I had fun.

1 comment:

  1. I know dad really enjoyed the time spent too and all the help. I think that is why your bros don't want to be around, he always has something he wants to do.

    ReplyDelete