Disclaimer

I thought it was important for me to tell everyone who views this blog that I am only posting this blog to brag about my son, wife and dog. I don't want any comments about how one sided I am. Furthermore, I will not be following anyone, so you don't have to follow me. This blog is basically for my mom. Thank you. Oh yah, 90 percent of what I say on this blog is probably not true. Use your common sense. Do you really think my kid can walk at one day old?

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Christmas at the Wilson's





Our second stop for Christmas was at his Grandma and Grandpa Wilson's. We got there on Christmas Eve early afternoon. The weather was rolling in so we left early, but the roads were suprisingly good.
We attended church service and then as is tradition, with her family and mine, we had soup with the family. We set our stalkings over the fire, one for Lucas, Schultz, Daunee' and myself. Luckily, Santa showed up and we all had gifts. Here are some photos.

Daunee's sister and their families came over after the kids enjoyed Christmas morning at thier homes. Traditionally, Daunee's Dad made pancakes and sausage and bacon for breakfast and then we opened up more presents. Lucas slept, but the kids helped Daunee and I open his presents.
The weather did get pretty bad so Daunee, Lucas and I stayed a couple of extra days until things cleared up. Niether of us are working so we really had no rush. We had a good time with all the family, but the holiday seemed a little off.
I think it was because we had one Christmas too early in Nebraska and then Christmas at the Wilson's wasn't filled with all the extra family members that are usually present. We even played bingo with just the immediate family. I still lost.
I don't think I am going to spread any holiday out so much. It is tough to get everyone together, but Christmas should be at most, the day before Christmas Eve until the day after Christmas Day. And it means less time on the road for me.

1 comment:

  1. Nice hair Damion.............glad you guys got to the Wilson's safe and sound and had a great Christmas. And glad we got so much time with you guys.

    ReplyDelete