Disclaimer

I thought it was important for me to tell everyone who views this blog that I am only posting this blog to brag about my son, wife and dog. I don't want any comments about how one sided I am. Furthermore, I will not be following anyone, so you don't have to follow me. This blog is basically for my mom. Thank you. Oh yah, 90 percent of what I say on this blog is probably not true. Use your common sense. Do you really think my kid can walk at one day old?

Monday, January 18, 2010

A day with the Keane's

Daunee', Lucas, my mom and I went to Brandi's to spend the day and have some supper today. I don't want to talk offensively, but I don't think Shane does enought for Brandi. I understand he is working all the time, but c'mon. A little effort goes a long way.
So, when I got to Brandi's it was a nice day and I noticed she didn't have any christmas lights on her house. I am not a fan of christmas lights, in fact I barely put any on my house, but I wasn't going to be there.
It was both Lucas and Cash's first Christmas and they should have lights on thier houses. A lack on Shanes part and a missed opportunity to spend time with his son Jaxon. I'll explain.
When Jaxon found out I was putting lights on his house he was excited and willing to help. He gave me hand laying out the lights and checking them. He would go get Brandi to get me things like a stapler, replacement bulbs and other things. His biggest job was to watch Schultz so he wouldn't run away. That didn't pan out so great, but we found the dog. He was still very helpful. He went to the hardware store with me, thankfully because he told me how to get there and he told me which street he lived on so we could get back. Smart little man.
We put red and white lights around the house and white lights, I think, on the bushes in front. We also had greenery on the windows and front door, with wreath. Jaxon wanted to put out Frankenstein, but I talked him out of that.
I was glad to be able to help Brandi out. I wish I was around more to help her get some things done.
Oh yah, we also spent time with Cash. The biggest little bundle of lots of happiness. He is shaped like a block and full of smiles and laughs. We had a lot of fun hanging out with him. It was weird to hold my baby, long and skinny, and then hold Cash, a chubby, but solid little baby. He is truly funny. I can't wait to see him at Jaxon age. What a hoot. In fact is the shape of an owl. He should be an owl for halloween. Teach him to hoot Brandi.
The food was really good too. We had really good enchilladas, spanish rice, beans and I was introduced to jalepeno tortilla chips. Umm Good. Thank you Brandi and the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment