Disclaimer

I thought it was important for me to tell everyone who views this blog that I am only posting this blog to brag about my son, wife and dog. I don't want any comments about how one sided I am. Furthermore, I will not be following anyone, so you don't have to follow me. This blog is basically for my mom. Thank you. Oh yah, 90 percent of what I say on this blog is probably not true. Use your common sense. Do you really think my kid can walk at one day old?

Monday, January 18, 2010

Lucas's First Christmas

Today we begin the dreaded Christmas vacation which includes going to Gillette on Friday, leaving for santa and the mall on Saturday and ending Saturday in Crawford for an early Christmas with my family. Sunday we plan to go to Scottsbluff to see Daunee's extended family and Auntee Carmen and stay until Tuesday when we will head back to Crawford and stay until Thursday, Christmas Eve and then on our way to Gillette for Christmas Eve service and Christmas day. Sounds like a long vacation with a lot of driving. Unfortunately it didn't go that way.
We did get a fresh start from Gillette on Saturday morning and we made it to the mall at a guarter to twelve, but Santa had to go to lunch at noon and they already shut down the line, so we shopped for an hour and the wait for Santa was well worth it. We still had to make a few stops because we forgot several things in Gillette. I decided that my next trip is to the destination, not stops, because I hate forgetting things. But these fews things, plus a stop at the furniture store had us driving back and forth across Rapid. By the time we left, we were a couple of hours late for the deadline that I set.
We made it to Crawford or Marsland were Greg has a new spread, by a quarter to six, just in time for photos and food. The bad thing was that I told everyone I would be there by two thirty and then four thirty. Understandibly, they were a little mad, mostly Jeremy. It was the same thing I went through for who knows how many years when I had to wait for everyone else, who were never on time. Sorry.
We did have a good time and the food was good. We had ham that Brandi cooked and brisket that Shane smoked. There were mashed potatoes and green bean casserole, rolls and salad. Lucas had boob, his favorite.
The night was followed by opening presents, playing with presents, eating again, playing with presents and playing the wii. We had a good time, a great first Christmas for Lucas. Oh yah, we didn't go to Scottsbluff because Auntee Carmen got the shingles, so a present for my mom was to have Lucas for five days.

No comments:

Post a Comment