Disclaimer

I thought it was important for me to tell everyone who views this blog that I am only posting this blog to brag about my son, wife and dog. I don't want any comments about how one sided I am. Furthermore, I will not be following anyone, so you don't have to follow me. This blog is basically for my mom. Thank you. Oh yah, 90 percent of what I say on this blog is probably not true. Use your common sense. Do you really think my kid can walk at one day old?

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I always knew...





I always knew...
That Daunee' was the exact person for me
That she would be the perfect person to live the rest of my life with
And that she would be the best mom I would ever know, next to my mom (wink)

There are many things in our life together that has proved these things to me and recently she made me the proudest husband and father you will ever know.

We were in the hosptial for over 37 hours and she was in labor for 12 of those hours, over three of them in intense labor and she never gave up. She may have been frustrated and tired and wanting to give up, but she never did. When everyone thought she would have a c-section, she never gave up.

You see on t.v. how husbands faint watching the birth and even during lamaze classes it was joked about. To be honest, it is easy to handle. What you don't see on t.v. and what you don't expect is how you feel when you see the one person you love on this earth more than anything, go through a pain that as a man I will never know, and as a husband I had no control over or any ability to help her with. During her final pushing moments, my only job was to count to ten and I almost asked our midwife to take over because I was so choked up from how proud of her I was and how much I hurt not being able to help her and to see her push through the pain and keep going, not wanting to rest. She was determined, and she deliverd, litteraly, a beautiful healthy boy.

Thank you Daunee'. I love you beyond recognition.

1 comment:

  1. We love her too! And you both did good in the delivery room!

    ReplyDelete