Disclaimer

I thought it was important for me to tell everyone who views this blog that I am only posting this blog to brag about my son, wife and dog. I don't want any comments about how one sided I am. Furthermore, I will not be following anyone, so you don't have to follow me. This blog is basically for my mom. Thank you. Oh yah, 90 percent of what I say on this blog is probably not true. Use your common sense. Do you really think my kid can walk at one day old?

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pokeydots Kennedy



Part of the FAMILY

Recently, our family dog passed away. He was 16 years old and he was a good dog till the day he died. I know my father had a hard time deciding if he should put Pokey to sleep or let him go naturally. He told me one night that his dog had been so loyal to him, that he felt he owed it to Pokey to let him live for his last breath. He did just that.

Pokey is now out of misery and back to being a young, energetic dog, running with our other past family dogs. Maybe playing some catch with a tennis ball or riding a fire truck every once in a while.

I think we should start a Pokeydots foundation with the funds going to the Crawford Volunteer Fire Department. He was well known in Crawford. He was able to stop, drop and roll as well as crawl on the ground when you called smoke. He has taught many kids at the Crawford Elementary School how to be safe when they encounter a fire. He has been a symbol and mascot of the CVFD for most of his life. He was also a good friend to grow up with. I will miss Pokey.

Here are a few photos of our family dog.

2 comments:

  1. He was a good friend to all of us and he loved you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know your dad that your post was very nice about his pup. And you gave more info about how wonderful he was. Thanks Damion!

    ReplyDelete