Disclaimer

I thought it was important for me to tell everyone who views this blog that I am only posting this blog to brag about my son, wife and dog. I don't want any comments about how one sided I am. Furthermore, I will not be following anyone, so you don't have to follow me. This blog is basically for my mom. Thank you. Oh yah, 90 percent of what I say on this blog is probably not true. Use your common sense. Do you really think my kid can walk at one day old?

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ausitn Kennedy

So this may sound weird to most people, but today I called my nephew Austin to see what he wanted for Christmas. I had talked to his dad a couple of weeks ago, but I still couldn't find Austin anything. I had thought about getting him money, which I would like and I am sure he would too, but it sounds like that is a common gift. So I called to talk just to him, something I have never done before.

I was surprised. He didn't even sound like I remembered. Sometimes he can be a bit of a hassle, especially when he gets around his cousins and all rowled up. That is how I remember him. Tonight was different. His mom took him the phone and he sounded like a sweet young boy. He talked really well and he wasn't shy. He had no idea what he wanted at first, but as we talked I learned a couple of things about him. He likes the Broncos, which is good because Daunee and I wanted to take Taylor to a game, knowing that he liked them, and now we may take both of them. Not right away, maybe next year. Don't tell them.

But I was still impressed by how calm he was and how attentive he was considering he was watching a very good football game. We talked about seeing him Saturday, and getting to meet my son. I told him to watch out cuz Lucas and I were lifting weights to come beat him up. He laughed and said 'yah right.'

I guess I was suprised because I am never alone with Austin. We only see him when all the cousins are around. I may have had a false impression of who he really is. It is hard to come up with something to do, just my nephews and I, that isn't 'dumb' to them. I must be getting old and uncool. It happens to the best of us. I guess I will just have to find a way.

Anyway, the phone call was helpful. I have some good ideas and money is always a back-up.

4 comments:

  1. Austin is a wonderful person and yes sometimes when you are a group that is what you are known for. You should watch him play bb. He is playing on the 5th grade team even though he is only in 4th. I think we have a star coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austin is a sweet boy, and a lot of fun to be around! He is very good to the younger ones and keeps them entertained. Jaxon thinks he is just plain awesome! Btw, when you go to the Broncos game, can I keep Lucas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a moment to see Austin in a different situation. I'm so excited for the Bronco's game for the young ones. What a great time that will be!

    Merry Christmas, Kennedys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOOOOOOOO I get to keep Lucas, take Brandi!

    ReplyDelete