Disclaimer

I thought it was important for me to tell everyone who views this blog that I am only posting this blog to brag about my son, wife and dog. I don't want any comments about how one sided I am. Furthermore, I will not be following anyone, so you don't have to follow me. This blog is basically for my mom. Thank you. Oh yah, 90 percent of what I say on this blog is probably not true. Use your common sense. Do you really think my kid can walk at one day old?

Saturday, December 5, 2009

All the Help is Wonderful

We have been blessed with a lot of people wanting to help us through our first days, nights, and weeks of parenthood.
Both of our moms were here for the first couple of days to lend a hand and to hold the baby as if the ground was made of thorns.
Ellie stayed for a little over a week and helped make a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner among several other meals and she also managed to do some cleaning. You can definitely tell where Daunee gets her motherly abilities. It was a sad moment for the two of them when Ellie had to leave.
We weren't alone long when Daunee's aunt Betty Jo came up for a few days to solely stay up at night and watch Lucas so that we could catch up on our sleep. She also helped during the day after she got some much needed rest for herself.
We have enjoyed several meals from members of our church and between those and leftovers, we haven't had to cook for two weeks.
We want to thank everyone for all the help and we know that not everyone who wants to come help and see the baby have been able to. But that is alright. We will be making the family rounds this christmas. Lucas is excited to meet the rest of the family.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, hey where are the pictures. I need pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog, Mr. Kennedy. You have a beautiful baby boy -- welcome to fatherhood. I can't blame Deb for wanting you to have a blog -- I was hesitant at first, but I love being able to share more with my family and friends who aren't close enough to see my kids themselves.

    Thanks for sharing your family with us.

    ~~All of the Blundells
    Jess & Jason
    Haley, Shelby, & Spencer

    ReplyDelete