Disclaimer

I thought it was important for me to tell everyone who views this blog that I am only posting this blog to brag about my son, wife and dog. I don't want any comments about how one sided I am. Furthermore, I will not be following anyone, so you don't have to follow me. This blog is basically for my mom. Thank you. Oh yah, 90 percent of what I say on this blog is probably not true. Use your common sense. Do you really think my kid can walk at one day old?

Thursday, December 17, 2009

He continues to grow up

The nights have always been the worst time for Lucas. He doesn't sleep peacefully and he has the worst gas pains and because it is night, both of us are tired and that makes things seem worse.
Daunee' usually takes Lucas at night because she can comfort him better than I can. Last night I decided to stay up with him and let Daunee' get some extra sleep and he was pleasantly asleep so no big deal.
He has been going almost four hours between some large feeding and he did real good with me. Maybe he wants to break me in. His gas pain was still there, but not as bad. So at three his mom took over and by four she was in bed with me. I was a bit shocked, but Lucas was asleep in his co-sleeper. He was on his tummy, but we bought a wedge that helps hold him in place. He just layed there with his head to the side, his arms above his head and he was content.
He slept there for almost four hours. He never lasted more that 30 minutes before last night. We are so proud of him. I wonder if he can do it again tonight?

3 comments:

  1. Well when you come you can both get rest, you and Daunee' and grannie will stay up with him or hold him or whatever he wants. I can't wait. Just two days..........seems like it has been forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaxon was a tummy sleeper because of severe reflux and he slept like a little champ. But, Cash sleeps on his back and sleeps like a champ too! Can't wait to meet the lil fella. i will take first shift, and grannie can take the second shift...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are starting to settle in for Lucas. Our two older kids slept on their tummy, and the wedge thing was a Godsend. Best wishes on continued success getting your little man to sleep through the night. And congrats on being super parents!!

    ReplyDelete